What you need to know

Pukka Services only provide quotations through a selection of reputable, handpicked insurance brokers.

We trust these brokers to take time to listen and understand your driving history and meet your insurance needs for your vehicle.  Our aim is by investing this time in you, we are able to determine a competitive insurance quote that will change your perception of insurance.  When it comes to your renewal with Pukka Services, through your insurance broker, our loyalty incentives are very attractive and are reflected in our rates.


Our Products


We have specifically designed our products for drivers based in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands). We offer comprehensive cover for Commercial Vehicles and Private Cars. We cover vehicles up to £50,000 in value, with flexible excess options to suit you.

Our Commercial Vehicle cover is available for vans with various types of modifications, such as sign-writing and internal racking, so please talk to your broker about your specific requirements and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

In the unlikely event of a claim, Action 365 Ltd are the claims administrators of our policies. You will be able to take advantage of a market leading claims service based in the UK.  Focused on taking full control of the claim from the reporting stage, identifying all parties involved in the accident, through to settling the claim as efficiently as possible, minimising any associated costs.


Make a Claim

Action 365 Ltd, are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 306011) and are the claims administrators for our policies.  Registered in England and Wales: Company No: 3839322. Registered Address: Biz Space, Cheadle Place, Stockport Road, Cheadle SK8 2JX

Reporting a claim to us quickly is critical when managing your claims journey and minimising the cost of your claim.  Inflated claims costs and fraudulent claims have a negative impact to insurance premiums year on year.

How can you help:

Step 1

If your vehicle is involved in an accident or you need to make a claim under this policy, contact Action 365 Ltd. immediately using our free 24 hour Claims Helpline.

Step 2

Obtain as much information about the circumstances, including details of anyone else involved in the incident and the number of passengers in each vehicle.

Step 3

Take photographs of any damage caused to all parties.

By taking these steps, we will be able to make quick decisions, to manage your claims swiftly and efficiently.

Call our claims administrators (Action 365) today free on

0800 240 4988



What to do if I have any question regarding my policy?

Any enquiries in respect of your policy cover, adjustments, cancellations, renewals, etc. must be referred to your insurance intermediary (Broker), as we are unable to deal with them directly.

How is my policy regulated?

Pukka Services are trading as Action 365 Ltd, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 306011) and are the claims administrators for our policies.  Registered in England and Wales: Company No: 3839322. Registered Address: Eden Point, Three Acres Lane, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, SK8 6RL.

What should I do if I suspect fraud?

Unfortunately, fraud is a frequent problem in the insurance sector and a catalyst for growing costs in premiums.

The “crash for cash” scam is usually led by sophisticated criminals and costs the industry around £392 million every year.

A dedicated police unit – the Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department (IFED) – exists to protect UK drivers from fraud and identify those illegally profiting from others’ losses.

Each day insurers uncover 381 fraudulent insurance claims worth more than £2.7 million.  That’s 2,670 fraudulent claims a week costing honest customers £1 billion a year.  A further £2 billion is estimated to go undetected.

If you suspect fraud, please report it to us immediately or call the free and confidential Cheatline, powered by Crimestoppers, on 0800 422 0421.

Fraud is costing motorists extra to be on the road.  You have a responsibility to report fraud if you suspect criminal activity.  Your submission can remain anonymous.

What is the MID?

The Motor Insurers’ Database (MID) is the only centralised database of motor insurance policy information for all insured vehicles.  It normally takes up to a week to add data onto the Motor Insurers’ Database and in some cases it can take a little longer.

What is the Certificate of Insurance?

Certificates of insurance show who is insured to drive the vehicle and what purpose it can be used for. They cannot be issued once a policy is cancelled and are not valid after changes have been made to a policy. Therefore, in this case, a new one would need to be issued. If you require a copy of your policy documents please contact your broker.

When will I receive my policy documents?

We would expect your insurance broker to provide these to you within 48 hours, subject to an accurate email address. Please contact your broker directly if these documents have not been received. 

Why is it important to put the correct address on my policy?

The address listed on your policy must be the one that your vehicle is kept at most of the time.  Insurers are able to request proof of address from policyholders to make sure that the address on file is the correct one and check that they have the appropriate premium for the policy.

Why is it so important to disclose my occupation correctly?

Your occupation is one of the factors taken into account when your premium is calculated.

When your broker asks about your occupation, giving accurate information is essential as this will affect your insurance premium and the cover offered.

Some jobs have similar names, so make sure that you choose the job title that best reflects what you do for a living.

Why is it important to keep my policy information up to date?

It is essential that you let your broker know of any changes that may affect your policy.

One reason you should let your insurer know of any changes is to ensure you are paying a premium that is based on the correct details.

Additionally, if your details change and you do not update your information, you may have problems in the event of a claim.  For example, your policy may be cancelled, void or the claim settlement figure might be affected.

Why are some insurance premiums higher than others?

If you have used comparison websites, you might have noticed that your details result in different prices from different insurers.  This is because all insurance companies have different prices for factors such as geographical area, vehicle, age etc.  For example, if you live in a big city, your insurance is likely to be more expensive than if you live in the country because of the risks involved.  This is due to factors such as the increased possibility of theft, and the fact that busier roads mean that there is more potential for accidents.  The value of your vehicle can also affect your premium, although a high vehicle value does not necessarily mean high premiums.

How can I find the value of my vehicle?

It is important not to overvalue your vehicle.  If your vehicle is a total loss, the payment you receive will be based on a current valuation and will reflect what the vehicle was worth at the time of the loss.

You will need to take into account the reduction in value (depreciation) that has occurred since the vehicle was first purchased.

It’s easy to search for similar vehicles for sale on websites such as Auto Trader – just select vehicles with similar criteria to yours (mileage, age, condition).  While the advertised price does not always reflect the eventual sale price, Auto Trader and similar websites can be a useful tool for general guidance.

Your premium reflects the value of your vehicle, so keeping the value as realistic as possible will help you to avoid paying unnecessarily high prices.

What is the difference between a compulsory excess and a voluntary excess?

The excess is the amount you must pay towards a claim and is split between the compulsory excess, which is determined by the insurer, and the voluntary excess, which is selected by you and linked to your policy.

Does Pukka accept No Claims Bonus from a private car/commercial vehicle policy?

Yes!  Unlike many insurers, we will allow you to use the No Claims Bonus you have earned from your own private vehicle on your commercial vehicle policy. Our private car policy also accepts No Claims Bonus earned on a commercial vehicle.

You will need to supply proof of your No Claims Bonus to your broker.

How can I keep my insurance costs down?

Where you leave your vehicle at night can affect your insurance premium.  It goes without saying that thieves strike more often at night and a vehicle that is easily accessible is more vulnerable to theft.  If you have a driveway or other secure parking location at your address where you can keep the vehicle off the road, and if you always park your vehicle there overnight, this can help to keep your premium as low as possible

Is motor insurance compulsory?

Yes.  Unless you have completed a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) and formally declared your vehicle is off the public road, you must have insurance for your vehicle, even if it is not being used.


Driving Abroad


A Green Card is an international certificate of insurance that proves you're insured to drive in the EU. They're issued and signed by your vehicle insurer, and include your vehicle and registration details. You'll need to have one with you if you're driving in Europe and you'll need a second one if you're towing a trailer or caravan.

IMPORTANT: If you intend to use your vehicle abroad you must contact your broker who will advise you further and request a green card from your insurer



If there is an issue with the way the policy was sold then the complaint should be passed on to the broker to deal with.

Should you feel the need to complain about the arrangement of your policy please contact your insurance intermediary (Broker) in the first instance.

Pukka Services recognises the importance of its customers and the firm sets outs high standards. Should there be an occasion when it does not meet your expectations, we are committed to dealing with any complaint in a thorough and professional manner.

You can make a complaint by contacting us by any of the following means:

Write to the Complaints Manager, Action 365 Ltd, Biz Space, Cheadle Place, Stockport Road, Cheadle SK8 2JX
E-mail your complaint to: complaints@pukka.co.uk
Or telephone on 0161 884 1590

We will acknowledge your complaint promptly, normally within five working days of receiving it.

Once we have completed an investigation, we will write to you with the results of the said complaint investigation giving an explanation of the firms’ conclusion no later than eight weeks from the date your complaint was received.

If you are dissatisfied with the firm’s response, you may then refer the said complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service on:

0800 023 4567